Unexpectedly, the update to No Man’s Sky was published today. It is called Interceptor. It is quite a big one, which adds more enemies, new planet types and more. There is also a chance to get new Sentinel interceptor starships in NMS. In this guide we will tell you more about it.
Sentinel Interceptors in No Man’s Sky
Sentinels are probably well known to fans of No Man’s Sky. These are drones which protects planets. Very often you have to fight against them. However, the new update, brings new possibilities, as you can intercept their ships.
First of all, Hostile Sentinel interceptors are now procedurally generated from various parts. So, expect a large variety of them, which will make the game more interesting.
How to get a Sentinel Interceptor ship in NMS
You can now own one of the Sentinel interceptor starships. It is not so easy, though. However, there are few ways:
- Complete bespoke story encounter.
- Defeat corrupted Sentinel planetary forces (they are new addition to the game).
- Look for them in abandoned encampments, which appears on corrupted world (new additions to the game).
- Destroy a Sentinel capital ship.
After you track down the ship you will be able to repair it and fly it. Don’t worry, there is a new mission which will help you in the process.
Interceptors have its own technology. Nevertheless, you will be able to upgrade them with general starship upgrades. New starships are also characteristic thanks to their unique cockpit and planetary flight model (they can hover).
- Do you want to learn more about the game? Read our Guide.
- How to use Echo Locator in NMS; Fix for Locational Interference
- How to Get Harmonic Brain in NMS
- How to Unlock Utopia Speeder in NMS
- How to Start the Utopia Expedition in NMS