A new version of the fan projectThe Second Tiberium War, one of the most important mods for Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, has been released. The update is numbered 2.8 and brings a number of new features.
- The last two chapters of the new story campaign, telling the conflict between NOD and GDI, have been added.
- Earlier chapters of the campaign have been refreshed, improving maps and cutscenes.
- The NOD Brotherhood gained a new unit in the form of the Basilisk, a combat vehicle specialized in fighting flying units.
- Three new multiplayer maps have been added (District 7, Warmere Lake and Chemical city). All are designed for four players.
- The gameplay balance has been improved and many bugs have been fixed.
In addition to the new campaign and additional maps and units, The Second Tiberium War also offers a number of gameplay enhancements, including expanded veteran mechanics, faster-paced battles and heavily improved AI. The visuals have also been tweaked.
Technically The Second Tiberium War is a mod, but in practice it functions as a standalone game. Indeed, many years ago Electronic Arts released the full version of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun as freeware. As a result, mod authors can include all the necessary files from this game in their projects without requiring it to be installed first.
- The Second Tiberium War - download page